Whenever you pay a visit to a casino, most likely you will find that the Baccarat table is filled with people. Baccarat is one of the oldest card game in the casino industry. However, bear in mind that the baccarat is not a game of skill. Unlike Blackjack, the baccarat is not controlled by the players. Basically the players have to pick a side and watch the action unfolds.
It is not a difficult game as you think it is. The simple game has certainly attracted many player. There are no denying that the baccarat is one of the most played games in the casino. Many players are attracted to the game because of its simplicity and easy to master. The game is so famous that James Bond played it the 1967 version of ‘Casino Royale’.
Even though the baccarat is not a game of skill, there are a few simple guideline that you can follow to start winning the game.
The house has a small edge in baccarat. Therefore, the game is very player-friendly. The casino has only 1.4 percent advantage on bets on banker. This rule does apply for both live and online casino.
Let take a deeper look into the game:
- The player’s hand has a winning odds of 44.62 percent on each game. On the other side, the odds of losing with the player’s hand is 45.85 percent on each game.
- Ties are rare but they do happen once in a while. The payoff for a tie is 8 to 1 and this probability 9.53 percent.
- Winning on the banker’s hand is 51 percent. The one percent is a bigger advantage compare to any other hand. If you are not sure of which side to bet, the banker’s hand would be a better bet.
Generally the winning odds on the banker’s hand are a little better than the player’s hand. This is because the banker’s hand is determined after the player’s hand. The banker would know what he has to beat before deciding to draw a card.
However, 5 percent commission is charged to the house for players who won a banker bet. This eventually even out the odds out by a little.
By charging the 5 percent commission, the baccarat house edge on the banker bets is 1.17 vs the player bet which is 1.36 percent. The banker’s hand would still have a higher probability of winning compare to the player’s hand.
Other techniques include:
- Never bet on a tie
- Sporting trend
- Bet on the banker till the banker lose. Switch and bet on the player when the banker loses.
- Bet on the banker on every hand since the house edge is slightly less.
- Bet the Baccarat Online with the 918KISS Casino.